Every Friday morning at 9.30am – Wendy Wilson Hall after assembly.
Come along to our first meeting of the term this Friday 11 October.
If you want to get involved with our Fete, simply come along to our next meeting or contact email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY 26 OCTOBER, 2-8PM
For the 2019 Twilight Fete – complete with rides, entertainment, stalls and Diwali celebrations.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
We still desperately need:
- a coordinator for our Silent Auction
- volunteers to fill our 2019 Twilight Fete Rosters – help us fill our 250 vacant spots
Remember to LIKE the Twilight Fete 2019 Facebook page – and invite your friends and families to LIKE us too!
- all our volunteers who are involved in the distribution of the 10,000 Fete Flyers with most completed over the school holidays (Argarwal family, Axfentis family, Boddington family, Clift family, Dench family, Dhar family, Duffy family, Golla family, Howard family, Johnstone family, Kringas family, Lee family, Nekkanti family, Santos family, Sempelidis family, Simmons family, Schmidt family & Watters family) … and thanks in advance to a few more families who will be distributing some final flyers. A huge thank you also to all those families who offered to help – we had such an overwhelming response we couldn’t take everyone up on their offers for flyer distribution!
- the Dench family and McDonald’s Ormond, Grange Junction Café, Glen Eira College and Bendigo Bank Ormond for kindly displaying the real estate boards promoting our 2019 Twilight Fete
- Matthews family and Amelia Zhu’s family for sponsoring our Lucky Jars Stall
- Budapest Restaurant & Palinka Bar at 273 Glenhuntly Road, Elsternwick (Sallay and Pralea families) for donating vouchers for our silent auction
- Sophia Conquest-Telios and William Telios’ family for sponsoring our Slot Cars and Lucky Ducks
- Quality Groceries & Cafe at 1120 Glenhuntly Road (Reddycharla family) for sponsoring the ‘Flavours of India’ stall.
- Giannellis family for sponsoring our Desserts Stall
- Chandralaya School of Dance for providing a $100 cash donation (they have also donated a term of Indian classical dance classes for our Silent Auction, valued at $400)
HAVE WE MENTIONED HOW MUCH WE LOVE OUR SIGNED-UP VOLUNTEERS?
Thank you to everyone who has already signed up to volunteer on our 2019 Twilight Fete rosters. You’re awesome! You will be entered into the draw to win 4 tickets to the Melbourne Museum (valid until 30 June 2020) – generously donated by the Davis Family. Two runners-up will also win three icy-poles that can be claimed any Friday lunchtime this term after icy-pole service commences next week.
Sign up on any of our 2019 Twilight Fete Rosters before 4.00PM Thursday 17 October and you will be entered in the draw to win these great prizes – drawn on Friday 18 October at assembly.
Congratulations to the family of Nabil (3S) on winning the Ulimate Fudge prize at the end of Term 3. Nabil’s family is coordinating and volunteering on the Blender Bike Fruit Smoothies stall.
To find out more about how you can volunteer at our Twilight Fete, read on…
WE WANT YOUR PHOTOS
Don’t forget to send in photos of GHPS students / families standing in front of one of the various boards advertising our 2019 Twilight Fete to firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to include some of these pictures on our Twilight Fete 2019 Facebook page or in these newsletters. Find our boards outside the school on Grange Road and Dench family home in Royal Avenue, and at McDonald’s Ormond, Grange Junction Café (Glen Huntly Road), Glen Eira College (Neerim Road) and Bendigo Bank Ormond (Katandra Road).
HIT US WITH YOUR TRASH ‘N’ TREASURE
You may have noticed that our storage container arrived at the school during the holidays and we are ready to receive donations.
We are grateful to Gobox Mobile Storage who have donated a $300 Storage voucher to put towards the costs of this storage container.
Help us make the most out of this storage (check out the photo below) by donating:
- Books in respectable condition – No torn pages or covers
- Clothes: Party / Fancy / Traditional wear / dress up costumes, Scarves / Ribbons etc (No pyjamas / socks/ undergarments or other intimate items please)
- Curios / vintage / antique or decorative items in good condition
- Toys in good condition
- Small furniture like footstools etc
- Jewellery in good condition
- Glass/ Ceramic/ Porcelain/China / Metal ornaments, small utensils and crockery in good condition (No chips or cracks please!)
- Unused Stationery and craft items
All donations must be in good and working order, with no missing pieces.
DROP-OFF your donations, commencing Tuesday 8 October:
Tuesday – 8:30-9:00 PM
Wednesdays – 3:45-4:15 PM
Saturdays – 10:30-11:00 AM
Any other day – please call Sharbani (our Trash ‘n’ Treasure coordinator) on 0406 038 331 to work out a suitable time.
If you would like to help sponsor the Trash ‘n’ Treasure we are seeking contributions towards our storage costs.
“Where is all the Trash ‘n’ Treasure?”
ROSTERS – HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR YOUR 2 HOURS YET?
We need every family to sign up to volunteer for at least 2 hours. With so many spots to choose from – including spots you can bring your children along to – everyone can lend a hand. Please sign up early – you can always reschedule spots if your circumstances change.
In good news, we have filled three rosters (Lucky Jars, Fruit Smoothie Stall and the Chai and Samosa Stall), but with approximately 250 spots left to fill – WE NEED YOUR HELP!!
STALLS IN SPOTLIGHT
- TICKET BOOTH – Sign up to the Ticket Booth! Do you want an easy and fun way to volunteer at the fete this year?! The Ticket Booth for the rides is now signing up volunteers. Come and help sell tickets and experience the excitement of the kids eagerly anticipating their chance to go on the rides. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/WZyuzSe
- DIWALI SAND ART (and Diya Painting) – Sign up to provide a craft activity with a real Diwali feel. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/bZrcEFL
- SLOT CAR RACING – Reluctantly crouched at the starting line, engines pumping and thumping in time. The green light flashes, the flags go up – churning and burning, they yearn for the cup…Sign up if you think you can go the distance at this fun stall. The Ellis Family (Abigail Prep R) have generously offered us the use of their equipment and will set it up and pack it away – we just need volunteers to run it and preferably a coordinator who can make handover run more smoothly. Sign up here: https://signup.com/go/uRLSDUn
LEND US YOUR MARQUEES, MUSCLE AND MORE
We need heaps of equipment on Fete day – including marquees, trestle tables, power cords, fairy lights, and more. Take a look at this signup and see if you have any equipment we need that you can lend us, and sign up if you can help: https://signup.com/go/JJjRKgQ
FIND ALL OF OUR ROSTERS HERE
You will find all of our 2019 Twilight Fete Rosters here – or by copying this link into your browser: https://signup.com/go/vCgGcsz. Alternatively, you can click on the names of any of the individual stall, activity or other rosters in the table below and the link will take you right there.
Set-up, Pack-up, Maintenance and Clean-up
Other ways you can help
There will be more rosters coming and plenty of other ways you can help, so watch this space.
How to use SignUp
If you click on the name of the roster, the embedded link will take you to the relevant SignUp page – simply sign in using your own email address, and enter your name and mobile number. If possible, please use a separate email address to sign up other family members so that their name and contact details can also be included on our roster. Alternatively, let us know if you are signing up someone else using your email address by making a comment against the spot, letting us know the volunteer’s name and mobile number.
Martina and Christine have done an amazing job soliciting donations for our Silent Auction – take a look at these auction items and start developing your auction strategy. Whether you love snagging a bargain or bidding large to blow your competition out of the water, we love you.
- Advanced Automotive Ormond – 2x Car service, valued at $179 each
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village (Gold Coast) – 10x $200 voucher (minimum 4-night stay)
- Avirit Yoga & Wellbeing Centre – 5x Two yoga classes, valued at $40 each
- Bentleigh Fitness Centre – 3-month gym membership at Bentleigh Fitness Centre, valued $215
- Body Into Shape Personal Training – 2x 45 minutes personal training, valued at $130
- Budapest Restaurant & Palinka Bar – 4 x $50 voucher
- Car Servicing & You – Car service voucher, valued at $299
- Carnegie Central – 5x $50 gift card
- Chamford Gymnastics Club – recreational gymnastics holiday program, valued at $110
- Chandralaya School of Dance – Free Indian classical dance classes for one term, valued at $400
- DermaMedica Innovative Skin Care – Gift certificate for Laser Hair Reduction on 2 areas – 4 sessions, valued at $760
- DermaMedica Innovative Skin Care – Gift certificate for Microdermabrasion, LED & Chemical Peel, valued at $250
- F45 Training Bentleigh – 3x One-month free training, valued at $276 each
- Gauge Espresso – 3x $100 dinner voucher
- Gilmour’s Comfort Shoes – 4x $50 voucher
- Glen Huntly Vet Clinic – Voucher for veterinary services, valued at $200
- Helen O’Grady Drama School – 2x One term of Drama Lessons, valued at $199 each
- Hugster Family Photography – $250 Portrait Voucher
- Jimmy Grants – 4x $50 food voucher
- Karen Wilson Photography – Portrait Photography Voucher, valued at $350
- Kingpin Crown – 2x Squad Pass, valued at $150 each
- M & M’s Rug Shop – 2x rug, value $250
- McKinnon Discount Tyres – 5x tyre service voucher, valued at $95 each
- Melbourne Racing Club – $300 Glasshouse Voucher + 4x Members Guest Reserve Tickets to Boxing Day Races, valued at $400
- Melbourne Taekwondo Centre, Malvern – One taekwondo party, valued at $250-300
- Music Works Magic – 2x 5 consecutive group lessons, valued $220
- My Little Tribe Photography – A Family Portrait Experience, valued $450
- Officeworks Carnegie – Office chair, valued $200
- Partners In Planning – 3x 1-hour Financial Planning Health Check, valued at $345 each
- Pet Stock Ormond – $200 Hamper of assorted dog products
- Piccoli Portraits – The Piccoli Portrait voucher, valued $845
- Rob Grey Fitness – 4x 45 min session, valued $55 per session
- St Kilda Football Club – 2x 2020 St Kilda Football Club Home Game Memberships, valued $436
- Strike Bowling – 20 x Strike Bowling vouchers, valued at $17ea
- Swimsafe Swim School – 2x Free swim lessons for Term 1 2019 at Murrumbeena SwimSafe, valued at $180 each
- The Comic’s Lounge – 16 x Admit 1 to The Comic’s Lounge, valued $15 ea
- Totally Game – 100 x of our ‘2 Free Video Game’ vouchers & one free party function for 10 guests, valued at $580
- Triple Five Fitness – Fitness voucher, valued at $240
- Victorian Goldfields Railway – 1x Excursion Class Family Return – Authentic steam era experience linking Castlemaine and Maldon, valued at $110
- Victorian Goldfields Railway – 2x First Class Return Trip for Two Adults – Enjoy the decadence and elegance of the Golden Age of rail travel, valued at $140 each
- Waxing Queen – 2x $50 voucher + nail polish kit, valued at $200
- Wine Bar @ 772 – 4x $50 drink voucher
- Woofers World – $100 Dog grooming voucher
- Woofers World – $110 Dog training voucher
Glen Huntly Primary School is grateful for the strong support received from our local community and we encourage you to support the businesses that support our school.
MAJOR RAFFLE and HOME & GARDEN RAFFLE
Don’t forget to support our fundraising by purchasing tickets in our Major Raffle and Home & Garden Raffle and by selling these to your friends, family and work colleagues. With such wonderful prizes on offer, these tickets should sell themselves…
2019 Twilight Fete – MAJOR RAFFLE
- 1st Prize: Voucher for SONOS Wireless Speaker System – Value $1,000 Your choice of SONOS wireless speaker system and accessories to the value of $1000. Generously donated by CTG Audio www.ctgaudio.com.au (the Giouris Family).
- 2nd Prize: Crown Metropol Accommodation Package – Value $550 One night’s accommodation in a Luxe Room at Crown Metropol, Melbourne. Package includes breakfast for two at Mr. Hive Kitchen & Bar, valet parking for one vehicle and a bottle of sparkling wine. Generously donated by Crown Melbourne.
- 3rd Prize: Australian Sports Camps Voucher – Value $295 A three-day place at an Australian Sports Camp of your choice, valued to $295. Available sports include AFL Football, Basketball, Cricket, Hockey, Netball, Soccer, Tennis, and more. Generously donated by Australian Sports Camps.
- 4th Prize: Gold Class Experience – Value$159 Two Gold Class admissions, choice of five menu items and two glasses of house wine. Generously donated by the Davey Family.
- 5th Prize: WISH Gift Card – Value $150 Valid for use at Woolworths, Big W, BWS, Cellarmasters and Dan Murphy’s. Generously donated by Woolworths, Glen Huntly.
2019 Twilight Fete – HOME & GARDEN RAFFLE (Permit No. 10597/19)
- 1st Prize: Green Thumb Garden Design Package – Value $4,700 + GST Landscape design package for a standard residential project. Designs including hardscape, softscapes and lighting. Construction not included. Generously donated by Inge Jabara Landscapes, Caulfield South.
- 2nd Prize: Hexagon Trellis Wall Art – Value $600 Ideal for building a quick and stylish vertical wall garden. Made in Melbourne from mild steel with a rust finish. Generously donated by Entanglements, Ormond.
- 3rd Prize: Reece Plumbing Centres Voucher – Value $200 Generously donated by Reece Plumbing Centre, Caulfield.
- 4th Prize: Bunnings Gift Card – Value $100 Generously donated by Bunnings, Moorabbin
- 5th Prize: Marguerite Daisy ‘Molimba Red’ – Value $30 Generously donated by Botanical Creations, Glen Huntly.
Prizes will be drawn on Saturday 26 October at 7.30PM at the Glen Huntly Primary School Fete. Winners will be notified.
Major Raffle tickets and Home & Garden Raffle tickets are on sale now – please get behind our fundraising by buying tickets and selling tickets to your friends and family. We encourage you to support the businesses that support our school.
Can we ever have enough lucky jars? When they look this good – it’s doubtful. Thank you to Helen Matthews and family for coordinating this stall for us, and to the Matthews and Zhu families for sponsoring. Keep your donations of plastic jars and bits and bobs to fill them rolling in.
The following exciting rides will be at our 2019 Twilight Fete this year:
• Jumping Castle (Looney Tunes)
• Zorb Ball Track
• iRush Obstacle Course (two racers)
• Minions Slide
(ends 4 pm Wed 23rd October)
|ON THE DAY|
|Single Ride Tickets
Individual ticket available for purchase from ticket booth only.
Can be used on any of the 5 rides
|All Day Ride Pass (Wristband)
Access all 5 rides all day
|$ 25||$ 35|
|Family & Friends All Day Ride Pass (Wristband)
Each school family can purchase 5 or more wristbands in the one transaction at a reduced price for their own children from GHPS, and for family and friends not attending GHPS.
NOTE: There should only be one school family to each “Family & Friends” pass.Access all 5 rides all day
|$20 per wristband
(Minimum 5 wristbands per transaction)
Important ticket and ride pass information:
• All wristbands (including presales) are to be collected from the ticket booth on Fete Day.
• Wristbands are not transferable and cannot be shared between children – children must wear the wristband at all times.
• Camel rides are not included in the wristband or single ride ticket. Camel rides tickets can be purchased separately for $8 through the camel ride operator on the day.
KIDS – DESIGN OUR FETE NEWSLETTER ARTWORK
Keep sending in 2019 Twilight Fete Newsletter artwork for use in our future Fete newsletters and notices. The artwork must be on an A4 piece of paper (feel free to fill the whole page) and refer to the 2019 Twilight Fete. Entries can be in black and white or colour. Please include your name and class. We will use as many of the best submissions as we can on our future newsletters and notices – and the artists will go in our draw to win a free ride pass!
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO GET ON BOARD
If you would like to find out how to sponsor the Fete by providing a donation towards Fete costs, please speak to the Office or contact us.
For the amounts below, you can help us cover our stall costs (including raw ingredients, supplies and prizes). This means that everything raised at a sponsored stall is pure profit:
- $100 per stall – Toilet Roll Throw, Free Kids Activities Area, Cake Stall
- $150 per stall – Crazy Hair, Face painting, Henna
- $200 per stall – Silent Auction, Ticket Booth
- $300 per stall – Indian Street Food Stall, Chai and Samosa Stall, Café, Japanese Food Stall, Kids Mega Stall, Handmade, Trash ‘n’ Treasure (storage), Diwali Sand Art
- $500 per stall – BBQ, Bar
Every donation – big or small – makes a huge difference and we are grateful for any support that our school community can offer. Listed below are the ways the school will recognise any support offered (including donations of goods and services).
|How your support will be recognised||All contributions – any value $$||Minor Sponsor $150+ (cash)||Major Sponsor $500+ (cash)|
|On GHPS website|
|In our fortnightly GHPS Newsletters|
|In our GHPS Twilight Fete Newsletters|
|On a Certificate of Appreciation for display at your premises|
|In our acknowledgements of all donations on the GHPS Facebook Page|
|In an exclusive acknowledgement on the GHPS Facebook page|
|On “real estate” advertising boards for Twilight Fete (on board before 16 August 2019)|
|On flyers distributed in the lead up to the event (on board before 16 August 2019)|
|On the post-event advertising board|
TO OUR SCHOOL FAMILY SPONSORS
|Family||Thank you for…|
|Bloch family||Sponsoring the Major Raffle and Home & Garden Raffle ticket printing|
|Davis family||Donating Scienceworks and Melbourne Museum vouchers, water and soft drinks|
|Davey family||Donating the Gold Class Experience prize for the Major Raffle|
|Ellis family||Providing the Slot Car racing track and support|
|Gevaux family||Donating to the 2019 Twilight Fete|
|Giannellis family||Sponsoring the Desserts stall|
|Giouris family||Donating the voucher for SONOS Wireless Speaker System prize for the Major Raffle|
|Gracey family||Donating to the 2019 Twilight Fete|
|Matthews family||Sponsoring the Lucky Jars stall|
|Powell family||Sponsoring the Fake Tattoo stall|
|Sallay family||Donating 4 x $50 Budapest Restaurant & Palinka Bar vouchers for the Silent Auction|
|Shields family||Sponsoring the Plant Stall|
|Smith family||Sponsoring the Café|
|Telios family||Sponsoring the Slot Cars and Lucky Ducks|
|Verginis family||Sponsoring the Souvlaki Stall, together with Novo Super|
|Zhu family||Sponsoring the Lucky Jars stall|
If we have overlooked you, let us know.
WITH THANKS TO OUR MAJOR SPONSORS: