Events & Reminders
Term 3: Monday 15 July – Friday 20 September
Tueday 20 August: Fete Meeting (7.30pm – venue to be advised)
Friday 23 August: GPA Meeting (9.30am – straight after school assembly – in the Wendy Wilson Hall)
Friday 23 August: Father’s Day Stall Gift Sorting (1 – 3.30pm, Wendy Wilson Hall)
Friday 30 August: Father’s Day Stall (Wendy Wilson Hall)
Tuesday 10 September: GPA Meeting (9.10am, Wendy Wilson Hall)
Friday 20 September: Pie Lunch and Last Day of School (early finish 2.30pm)
The GPA would like to thank:
- Martina Gevaux for doing such an awesome job signing up Fete sponsors and soliciting donations for the silent auction and major raffle
- Fiona Davey and Heidi Powell for continuing the baking order for our Term 3 Cake Raffle
- Gajalakshmi Ramalingam, Heidi Powell, Anjali Jain and Pushpalatha Manavalan for volunteering to serve at our Friday lunchtime snacks for the last fortnight
- Everyone for supporting our State Schools Relief hot dog lunch – with your support, we raised $543
Father’s Day Stall
(Friday 30th August 2019, Wendy Wilson Hall, 9.30am – 3pm)
Please support our Father’s Day Stall by:
- donating gifts, plants and baked goods
- volunteering at our gift sorting session (Friday 23 August 1pm-3.30pm, WWH) and at the Father’s Day Stall (Friday 30th August, sessions from 9.30am-3pm, WWH)
- sending money along with the children on Friday 30th August so that they can have some fun purchasing some great pressies to give with love! Lots of amazing gifts will be available for $1-$10.
A notice with further information and sign up rosters will be distributed very shortly – watch this space!
Please sign up
Friday Lunchtime Snacks
(Quelch frozen fruit sticks & hot chocolates)
During the cooler months we will offer Quelch frozen fruit sticks every week, but will ONLY offer hot chocolate service if we have a full roster (ie 6 volunteers serving) by Thursday 12 noon (the day before). We cannot make hot chocolates happen on two sides of the school without a full roster.
Thank you to those who have signed up over the coming weeks, however we still need:
- 2 more volunteers this week;
- 3 more volunteers next week; and
- anywhere between 2-4extra volunteers for the remaining weeks of term.
If you can help from 12.30/12.45pm for about an hour, please sign up here: https://signup.com/go/ucPDnkn. WWCC required.
For children who have not pre-purchased for Term 3, icy-poles and hot chocolates can be purchased on the day for $1. Remember to bring your own cup and we’ll throw in a free marshmallow!
Weekly Cake Raffle
Cassandra David is the next baker up this week, followed by Angela Natalier next week – thanks for heeding the call to bake in our last newsletter. We just need someone to bake us out on the last day of term and then the roster is full. If you can help, please sign up here: https://signup.com/go/yujyrBD
Don’t forget to buy your tickets!
Find all of our GPA rosters here
The GPA use SignUp rosters to coordinate all of our fundraising events – a list of our current rosters (and links) are listed below. Simply click the relevant event link (or copy it into your browser) and sign up for the spot(s) which suit you:
- Term 3 – Cake Raffle – 2019 – https://signup.com/go/yujyrBD
- Term 3 – Icy-pole and hot chocolates – 2019 – https://signup.com/go/ucPDnkn
- 2019 Twilight Fete Coordinators – https://signup.com/go/mcoGvZW
- 2019 GPA Event Coordinators – https://signup.com/go/aNyByJp
Alternatively, please email email@example.com and let us know how you can help.
All of our GPA rosters can also be found on the GPA SignUps group page.
All of our Fete rosters can be found on the 2019 Twilight Fete rosters group page.
Support our fundraising
Families can support the GPA’s fundraising efforts by:
- purchasing Quelch frozen fruit sticks or hot chocolates for your child on Friday lunchtimes for $1 each
- taking home a box of Cadbury Fundraising chocolates to sell – please see Julie in the office if you can help
- purchasing tickets for $1 each in our weekly cake raffle each Friday
- purchasing an Entertainment Book
- considering 1stenergy as their energy supplier. 1st energy will donate $50 to GHPS for every school family who signs up – contact 1st Energy on 1300 426 594 and quote GHPS
All money raised directly benefits the school.
2019 Twilight Fete
Fiona Davey and the Fete Committee are working hard preparing for this year’s Fete! We still have plenty of events and stalls that need coordinators to make them happen. Please consider signing up to become a 2019 Twilight Fete Coordinator here.
If you are interested in discussing the coordinator roles, have suggestions for stalls or activities, are able to offer any special skills or would just like further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to the next meeting on Tuesday, 20 August, from 7.30pm – 9pm 9, Venue to be advised)
Please contact email@example.com to let us know if you plan to attend our meeting and if you need transport.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
Under the GHPS Volunteer Policy, all volunteers during school hours will need to hold a WWCC (Volunteer Check). This means that you will need to hold a WWCC (or have submitted your application) to volunteer on the icypole stall, to help with readers, in class rooms, to coordinate fete activities or stalls and at many more events held throughout the year.
It is simple, quick and free to apply for a WWCC online and to finalise your application at participating Australia Post Outlets. To secure your WWCC, please follow this link and get cracking: www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au
The GPA will be looking for new blood to take on the role of preparing the fortnightly GPA newsletters and other communications when Caitilin Hawkins steps down from this role at the end of October after the Fete. This job can be owned by one person or shared by more than one person and Caitilin is more than happy to hold your hand until you get the hang of it all. If you are interested in taking on this role or would like to find out more information about it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.