Events & Reminders
Term 1 2020: 29th January – Friday 27th March
GPA Meeting: Friday 21st February 9am Wendy Wilson Hall, East Site
Friday Lunchtime Snacks: 7th February – 27th March (popcorn alternative to icy-poles on Friday 28th February)
Family Fun Night: Friday 13th March
The Glen Huntly Parents’ Association (GPA) consists of the parents and friends of the Glen Huntly Primary School (GHPS) community. Our purpose includes
• To raise funds for the purpose of providing amenities for the students, parents and staff of Glen
Huntly Primary School.
• To promote the attributes of Glen Huntly Primary School
• To raise funds to improve the facilities and experiences for our children
• To co-ordinate social activities
For further information refer to the GPA Charter.
Even if you are not a member you are still welcome to volunteer to help with any of the events/drives we coordinate (noting that to help at school events you are required to supply a copy of your current Working With Children Check to the School Office to be kept on file as per the VOLUNTEERS policy).
You can apply for a Working with Children Check using this link: Working with Children Check . Should you require any assistance with this process one of the GPA members would be more than happy to help – just email email@example.com
Our First GPA meeting for 2020: Friday 21st February (9am, Wendy Wilson Hall, East Site)
FRIDAY LUNCHTIME SNACKS FOR TERM 1 2020
GPA will be selling Berri Quelch Fruit Juice Sticks every Friday lunchtime during Term 1 (for students in Prep to Grade 6) from 7 February to 27 March. We do need 4 volunteers (in addition to our Lunchtime Snacks Coordinator Heidi Powell) to be able to serve the frozen fruit juice sticks!
We will have popcorn available instead of the usual icy-poles on Fri 28th February. GPA would like to sincerely thank the Carnegie Lions Club for supporting this initiative throughout 2020.
Please sign up via GHPS Sign Up Page if you can help!
If you haven’t pre-purchased you don’t miss out—you can purchase your icy-pole on the day for $1 each!
CAKE RAFFLE FOR TERM 1 2020
GPA will be running a Cake Raffle each Monday of Term 1 from 10 February to 23 March.
One family signs up each week to showcase their baking skills with something sweet – such as a cake, a batch of cupcakes, biscuits or slice, etc.
Students can buy tickets for $1 each to be in with a chance to win the coveted prize.
And if it is your week to bake, your child or children get their chance to take to the stage at assembly to show off what their family have provided AND draw the winning ticket!
Thanks to Supriya for her efforts last Monday and looking forward the wonderful creation of Christine Donnan next Monday 24th February!
This SignUp roster is filled for Term 1 – thanks everyone!
SIGNUP WEBSITE INFORMATION
This website has been wonderful in rostering / preparing for GPA events and we will continue to use this for all upcoming events.
How it works:
1) Click on the GHPS Sign Up Page link, or copy it into your browser to see the roster.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up by entering your name, email address and phone number.
It’s That Easy!
- You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
- SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
- You will receive an email reminder to let you know what you have volunteered for
- You can cancel out of shifts or choose other spots if your circumstances change (although please give us enough time to find a replacement).
If you need help, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or suggestions please send the GPA a message: email@example.com