- Reading Eggs
- Interactive Whiteboards
- Goggle Apps for Education
Digital Learning Technologies
Digital Learning Technologies (DLT) is used across the junior years of schooling. DLT is used as an independent curriculum area as well as across other curriculum priorities such as literacy and numeracy. The junior children also use DLT when in Book Club and occasionally Monster Maths.
Our school is currently at sustaining level for The eSmart Schools Framework Program. This program runs at all levels from Prep to Year 6 and is run alongside the DLT curriculum.
The eSmart Schools Framework Program has been designed to help schools improve cybersafety knowledge and understanding and also reduce the incidence of cyberbullying and bullying.
Digital Learning @ GHPS
What is Digital Learning?
Digital learning is any type of learning that is facilitated by technology or by instructional practice that makes effective use of technology.
Digital learning @ GHPS occurs across all learning areas and domains.
It encompasses the application of a wide spectrum of practices including:
• game-based learning
• accessing digital content
• collaborating locally and globally
• assessment and reporting online
• active participation in online communities
• using technology to connect, collaborate, curate and create
What are digital technologies?
Digital technologies are electronic tools, systems, devices and resources that generate, store or process data. These includes social media, online games and applications, multimedia, productivity applications, cloud computing and mobile devices.
Aims of GHPS Digital Learning Program
• To promote safe and responsible use of digital technologies
• To use digital technologies for clear learning purposes
• To gain full eSmart accreditation
• To empower students to help build the capacity of their peers, staff, and the wider school community in the use of digital technologies
2017 Digital Learning Initiatives
- Introduction of eSmart Captains
- Weekly eSmart Tips at Friday Assemblies
- Google Apps For Education (GAFE) utilised by staff
- Google Apps For Education (GAFE) Year 6 trial (Semester 2)
- 75 new iPads in circulation for Years 3-6 (Semester 2)
- Click Against Hate (CAH) anti defamation course linked with cybersafety run for Year 6
What is G-SUITE?
Google Apps for Education is a core suite of productivity applications that Google offers to schools and educational institutions for FREE.
These communication and collaboration apps include Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs and Sites, and a GAFE account unlocks access to dozens of other collaborative tools supported by Google.
All of these applications exists completely online (or in the cloud), meaning that all creations can be accessed from any device with an Internet connection.
An eSmart school is a school where the smart, safe and responsible use of information and communications technology is a cultural norm. Students, teachers and the wider school community are equipped to embrace the best these technologies can offer, while being savvy about the pitfalls. eSmart Schools is a behaviour-change initiative designed to help schools improve cybersafety and reduce cyberbullying and bullying.
Click Against Hate Assembly Presentation
2016 eSmart Captains Marlona & Manasvi
iPads in the classroom