Come join the friendly and dynamic team that is the Glen Huntly Parent’s Association (GPA) – we are parents and friends of the Glen Huntly Primary School (GHPS) community.
Our goals are to fundraise for our school to improve the facilities and experiences for our children; organise fun, social events that bring our wonderful school community together; and to build strong links between our school and the wider community.
New members are always welcome!
The GPA usually meet on the second Friday of every month from 9.45-11am (if falls in school holidays the meeting with be moved to the the third Friday of the month), but even if you are not able to attend meetings we welcome everyone to join our mailing list and volunteer to help with any of the events/drives we co-ordinate.
Next GPA meeting: Friday 9th November 2018 (9.45-11am, Wendy Wilson Hall, East Site)
GPA organizes the following events:
- Family Fun Night (Friday 2nd March 2018)
- Cake raffles (every Friday) with delicious goods baked by student families, teachers or GHPS friends
- Icy-poles with occasional popcorn alternative (Terms 1 – 4) and hot chocolates (Terms 2 & 3) available for all students to purchase (every Friday lunchtime)
- Easter Raffles (Thursday 29th March 2018)
- Diwali Celebrations
- Special lunch days
- Harmony Day Sushi Lunch (Tuesday 20th March 2018)
- Book Parade Special Lunch (Fish n Chips 21st August 2018)
- Grand Final Pie Day (last day Term 3)
- Diwali Samosa Lunch (Friday 9th November 2018)
- Sausage sizzles
- Raffle hampers
- Cake stalls
- Kids Disco (Sat 1st December 2018)
- Mother’s and Father’s Day stall
- Biennial School Fete (tentative date of Saturday 26th October 2019)
- Trivia Nights / Social Fun Nights
- BareFoot Bowling with DJ at McKinnon Bowls Club Sat 17th March 2018
- Rocktober planned for Sat 27th October 2018
Are you a super sausage sizzler? Perhaps a great baker? Or are you able to volunteer some of your time? You can sign up below to help out with any of any of our events.
CAKE RAFFLE BAKERS – TERM 4 2018
The GPA co-ordinate a weekly cake raffle every Friday.
One family signs up each week to showcase their baking skills with something sweet – such as a cake, a batch of cupcakes, biscuits or slice, etc.
Look out for the Term 4 Cake Raffle Roster to sign up – it is always fantastic to see new names!
Students can buy tickets for $1 each to be in with a chance to win the coveted prize.
FRIDAY LUNCHTIME SNACKS FOR TERM 4 2018
GPA will be selling Berri Quelch Fruit Juice Sticks every Friday lunchtime from Friday 19th October to Friday 14th December (for students in Prep to Grade 6). An opportunity to pre-purchase your icy-poles for the term at a discounted rate will be distributed week 1 of Term 4.
Please sign up via GHPS Sign Up Page It would be great to see some new names on this roster.
If you haven’t pre-purchased you don’t miss out—you can purchase your icy-pole on the day for $1 each!
SIGNUP WEBSITE INFORMATION
This website has been wonderful in rostering / preparing for GPA events and we will continue to use this for all upcoming events.
How it works:
1) Click on the GHPS Sign Up Page link, or copy it into your browser to see the roster. The link to the open rosters will also be provided on SkoolBag app.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up by entering your name, email address and phone number.
It’s That Easy!
- You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
- SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
- You will receive an email reminder to let you know what you have volunteered for
- You can cancel out of shifts or choose other spots if your circumstances change (although please give us enough time to find a replacement).
If you need help, you can contact email@example.com
If you have any queries or suggestions please send the GPA a message: firstname.lastname@example.org