Come join the friendly and dynamic team that is the Glen Huntly Parent’s Association (GPA) – we are parents and friends of the Glen Huntly Primary School (GHPS) community.
Our goals are to fundraise for our school to improve the facilities and experiences for our children; organise fun, social events that bring our wonderful school community together; and to build strong links between our school and the wider community. You can find out more in our GPA Charter 2021.
New members are always welcome!
During 2021 we will be running meetings Friday mornings (2 per term) – but even if you are not able to attend meetings we welcome everyone to become a member by completing the form within the GPA Constitution 2021 (DET) and by joining our mailing list (see below). Even if you are not a member you are still welcome to volunteer to help with any of the events/drives we coordinate (noting that to help at school events you are required to supply a copy of your current Working With Children Check to the School Office to be kept on file as per the VOLUNTEERS policy).
You can apply for a Working with Children Check using this link: Working with Children Check . Should you require any assistance with this process one of the GPA members would be more than happy to help – just email email@example.com
Next meeting for 2021: Friday 27th August (9 am)
GPA organizes the following events (pending COVID restrictions):
- Family Fun Night (Friday 12th March 2021)
- Cake raffles (every Monday) with delicious goods baked by student families, teachers or GHPS friends
- Icy-poles with occasional popcorn alternative (Terms 1 – 4) and hot chocolates (Terms 2 & 3) available for all students to purchase (every Friday lunchtime)
- Easter Raffle (Wednesday 31st March 2021)
- Diwali Celebrations
- Special lunch days
- Harmony Day Sushi Lunch (Thursday 25th March 2021)
- Book Parade Special Lunch
- Grand Final Pie Day (last day Term 3 – Friday 17th September)
- Diwali Samosa Lunch
- Sausage sizzles
- Raffle hampers
- Cake stalls
- Kids Disco (With COVID we went online in 2020 with DJ Kit Kat Friday 20/11/2020)
- Mother’s Day Stall (Friday 7th May 2021) and Father’s Day Stall (Friday 3rd September 2021)
- School Fetes (Laste Fete: Saturday 26th October 2019 2-8pm; Next Fete planned for 2023)
- Trivia Nights / Social Fun Nights
- BareFoot Bowling with DJ at McKinnon Bowls Club
Are you a super sausage sizzler? Perhaps a great baker? Or are you able to volunteer some of your time? You can sign up below to help out with any of any of our events.
SIGNUP WEBSITE INFORMATION
This website has been wonderful in rostering / preparing for GPA events and we will continue to use this for all upcoming events.
How it works:
1) Click on the GHPS Sign Up Page link, or copy it into your browser to see the roster.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up by entering your name, email address and phone number.
It’s That Easy!
- You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
- SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
- You will receive an email reminder to let you know what you have volunteered for
- You can cancel out of shifts or choose other spots if your circumstances change (although please give us enough time to find a replacement).
If you need help, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or suggestions please send the GPA a message: email@example.com