Come join the friendly and dynamic team that is the Glen Huntly Parent’s Association (GPA) – we are parents and friends of the Glen Huntly Primary School (GHPS) community.
Our goals are to fundraise for our school to improve the facilities and experiences for our children; organise fun, social events that bring our wonderful school community together; and to build strong links between our school and the wider community.
New members are always welcome!
The GPA usually meet on the second Friday of every month from 9.45-11am (if falls in school holidays the meeting with be moved to the the third Friday of the month), but even if you are not able to attend meetings we welcome everyone to join our mailing list and volunteer to help with any of the events/drives we coordinate.
1st GPA meeting of 2019: Friday 1st March (9.45-11am, Wendy Wilson Hall, East Site)
GPA organizes the following events:
- Family Fun Night (March)
- Cake raffles (every Friday) with delicious goods baked by student families, teachers or GHPS friends
- Icy-poles with occasional popcorn alternative (Terms 1 – 4) and hot chocolates (Terms 2 & 3) available for all students to purchase (every Friday lunchtime)
- Easter Raffles
- Diwali Celebrations
- Special lunch days
- Harmony Day Sushi Lunch
- Book Parade Special Lunch
- Grand Final Pie Day (last day Term 3)
- Diwali Samosa Lunch
- Sausage sizzles
- Raffle hampers
- Cake stalls
- Kids Disco
- Mother’s and Father’s Day stalls
- Biennial School Fete (Next Fete: Saturday 26th October 2019 2-8pm)
- Trivia Nights / Social Fun Nights
- BareFoot Bowling with DJ at McKinnon Bowls Club
Are you a super sausage sizzler? Perhaps a great baker? Or are you able to volunteer some of your time? You can sign up below to help out with any of any of our events.
FRIDAY LUNCHTIME SNACKS FOR TERM 4 2018
GPA will be selling Berri Quelch Fruit Juice Sticks every Friday lunchtime from Friday 19th October to Friday 14th December (for students in Prep to Grade 6). An opportunity to pre-purchase your icy-poles for the term at a discounted rate will be distributed week 1 of Term 4.
Please sign up via GHPS Sign Up Page if you can help!
If you haven’t pre-purchased you don’t miss out—you can purchase your icy-pole on the day for $1 each!
PREP PARENT MORNING TEA (First Day of School Term 1 2019 – Thursday 31st January)
GPA will continue with the tradition of our annual Prep Parent Welcome Morning Tea on the first day of school for our preps and the all classes – Thursday 31st January from approx 9.15am.
We will host this morning tea outside the Art Room on the verandah.
We need volunteers to bake for the morning tea and to be available to set-up, serve & pack up that day – please sign up GHPS Sign Up Page
2019 TWILIGHT FETE (Saturday 26th October, 2-8pm)
Plans are underway for another amazing Twilight Fete with the first official Fete Meeting held Monday 3rd December 2017. Some Coordiantor roles have been assigned, but there are many Coorindator roles still available. If you are interested in Coordinating a stall or Coordinating Activities, Sponsorship, Food & Drinks or please email email@example.com
Fete Coordinator: Fiona Davey
Communications Coordinator: Caitilin Hawkins
Publicity & Marketing Coordinator: Nicole Verginis
Entertainment/Events Coordinator: Shan Jayaweera
Plant Stall Coordiantors: Cassandra David & Ben Shields
Souvlaki Stall Coordiantor: Theo Verginis
Next Meeting Date: Tuesday 12th February 2019 (2 sessions – please attend either 9.15am or 7.30pm, Wendy Wilson Hall, East Site)
SIGNUP WEBSITE INFORMATION
This website has been wonderful in rostering / preparing for GPA events and we will continue to use this for all upcoming events.
How it works:
1) Click on the GHPS Sign Up Page link, or copy it into your browser to see the roster. The link to the open rosters will also be provided on SkoolBag app.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up by entering your name, email address and phone number.
It’s That Easy!
- You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
- SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
- You will receive an email reminder to let you know what you have volunteered for
- You can cancel out of shifts or choose other spots if your circumstances change (although please give us enough time to find a replacement).
If you need help, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or suggestions please send the GPA a message: email@example.com