Come join the friendly and dynamic team that is the Glen Huntly Parent’s Association (GPA) – we are parents and friends of the Glen Huntly Primary School (GHPS) community.
Our goals are to fundraise for our school to improve the facilities and experiences for our children; organise fun, social events that bring our wonderful school community together; and to build strong links between our school and the wider community. You can find out more in our GPA Charter.
New members are always welcome!
During 2020 we will be running meetings Friday mornings (2 per term) – but even if you are not able to attend meetings we welcome everyone to become a member by completing the form within the GPA Constitution (DET) and by joining our mailing list (see below). Even if you are not a member you are still welcome to volunteer to help with any of the events/drives we coordinate (noting that to help at school events you are required to supply a copy of your current Working With Children Check to the School Office to be kept on file as per the VOLUNTEERS policy).
You can apply for a Working with Children Check using this link: Working with Children Check . Should you require any assistance with this process one of the GPA members would be more than happy to help – just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions the GPA is not hosting our usual on-site events, weekly cake raffles or Friday lunchtime snacks; but we are keen to resume when it is safe to do so. We are also planning alternative fundraising and social activities online so WATCH THIS SPACE!
Next GPA meeting: Friday 28th August (10.30am – online due to COVID-19)
GPA organizes the following events:
- Family Fun Night
- Cake raffles (every Monday) with delicious goods baked by student families, teachers or GHPS friends
- Icy-poles with occasional popcorn alternative (Terms 1 – 4) and hot chocolates (Terms 2 & 3) available for all students to purchase (every Friday lunchtime)
- Easter Raffles
- Diwali Celebrations
- Special lunch days
- Harmony Day Sushi Lunch
- Book Parade Special Lunch
- Grand Final Pie Day (last day Term 3)
- Diwali Samosa Lunch
- Sausage sizzles
- Raffle hampers
- Cake stalls
- Kids Disco
- Mother’s Day Stall and Father’s Day Stall
- Biennial School Fete (Laste Fete: Saturday 26th October 2019 2-8pm; Next Fete will be in 2021)
- Trivia Nights / Social Fun Nights
- BareFoot Bowling with DJ at McKinnon Bowls Club
We are very fortunate to be running a TriNature product fundraiser by Helen’s EcoStore. As per TriNature Information GHPS families will receive a 5% discount on all products ordered, with a starter pack with even more savings available. GHPS will receive up to 25% of sales made – WOW!
The Matthews family had 3 children attend GHPS spanning 11 years with their youngest graduating from Grade 6 last year; they have made immense contributions to GHPS through school leadership roles, co-ordination of Fetes, huge involvement in GPA and school council (Craig was school council president for years). We thank Helen and the Matthew family for their continued support of GHPS!
The TriNature products are amazing. Here are some testimonials by GHPS families:
“I am a clean freak and love the TriNature range. I am converted to using these environmentally friendly products after being amazed that they actually do clean – Chamomile dishwashing detergent, Sanazone disinfectant, Supre general purpose cleaner, washing powder, hand wash and shampoo and conditioner and body wash and more recently hand sanitizer. I buy many products in bulk and my parents and in-laws now use them too!” (Nicole V, parent & GPA member)
“I love using these products, which I have been doing so for quite a while now. One of my favourites is the Ultra Cream Cleanser and this is particularly good if you have a stainless steel cook top, and using the Sphagnum Moss Plant Based Disinfectant on surfaces makes them smell lovely and clean without that horrible chemical smell. I once purchased the starter kit and have never looked back. I’m also very fond of the baby wash which is just beautiful to use with older children too and I keep my granddaughter stocked up.”
(Libby Alessi, Principal)
This drive is running throughout August so get shopping for some great products and support GHPS at the same time!
Are you a super sausage sizzler? Perhaps a great baker? Or are you able to volunteer some of your time? You can sign up below to help out with any of any of our events.
SIGNUP WEBSITE INFORMATION
This website has been wonderful in rostering / preparing for GPA events and we will continue to use this for all upcoming events.
How it works:
1) Click on the GHPS Sign Up Page link, or copy it into your browser to see the roster.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up by entering your name, email address and phone number.
It’s That Easy!
- You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
- SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
- You will receive an email reminder to let you know what you have volunteered for
- You can cancel out of shifts or choose other spots if your circumstances change (although please give us enough time to find a replacement).
If you need help, you can contact email@example.com
If you have any queries or suggestions please send the GPA a message: firstname.lastname@example.org