Come join the friendly and dynamic team that is the Glen Huntly Parent’s Association (GPA) – we are parents and friends of the Glen Huntly Primary School (GHPS) community.
Our goals are to fundraise for our school to improve the facilities and experiences for our children; organise fun, social events that bring our wonderful school community together; and to build strong links between our school and the wider community. You can find out more in our GPA Charter.
New members are always welcome!
In 2020 we will be running meetings Friday mornings (2 per term) – but even if you are not able to attend meetings we welcome everyone to become a member by completing the form within the GPA Constitution (DET) and by joining our mailing list (see below). Even if you are not a member you are still welcome to volunteer to help with any of the events/drives we coordinate (noting that to help at school events you are required to supply a copy of your current Working With Children Check to the School Office to be kept on file as per the VOLUNTEERS policy).
You can apply for a Working with Children Check using this link: Working with Children Check . Should you require any assistance with this process one of the GPA members would be more than happy to help – just email firstname.lastname@example.org
Next GPA meeting: Friday 21st February (9am, Wendy Wilson Hall, East Site)
GPA organizes the following events:
- Family Fun Night (Friday 13 March 2019)
- Cake raffles (every Monday) with delicious goods baked by student families, teachers or GHPS friends
- Icy-poles with occasional popcorn alternative (Terms 1 – 4) and hot chocolates (Terms 2 & 3) available for all students to purchase (every Friday lunchtime)
- Easter Raffles
- Diwali Celebrations
- Special lunch days
- Harmony Day Sushi Lunch
- Book Parade Special Lunch
- Grand Final Pie Day (last day Term 3)
- Diwali Samosa Lunch
- Sausage sizzles
- Raffle hampers
- Cake stalls
- Kids Disco
- Mother’s Day Stall and Father’s Day Stall
- Biennial School Fete (Laste Fete: Saturday 26th October 2019 2-8pm; Next Fete will be in 2021)
- Trivia Nights / Social Fun Nights
- BareFoot Bowling with DJ at McKinnon Bowls Club
Are you a super sausage sizzler? Perhaps a great baker? Or are you able to volunteer some of your time? You can sign up below to help out with any of any of our events.
FRIDAY LUNCHTIME SNACKS FOR TERM 1 2020
GPA will be selling Berri Quelch Fruit Juice Sticks every Friday lunchtime during Term 1 (for students in Prep to Grade 6) from 7 February to 27 March . We do need 4 volunteers (in addition to our Lunchtime Snacks Coordinator Heidi Powell) to be able to serve the frozen fruit juice sticks!
Please sign up via GHPS Sign Up Page if you can help!
If you haven’t pre-purchased you don’t miss out—you can purchase your icy-pole on the day for $1 each!
CAKE RAFFLE FOR TERM 1 2020
GPA will be running a Cake Raffle each Monday of Term 1 from 10 February to 23 March.
One family signs up each week to showcase their baking skills with something sweet – such as a cake, a batch of cupcakes, biscuits or slice, etc.
Students can buy tickets for $1 each to be in with a chance to win the coveted prize.
And if it is your week to bake, your child or children get their chance to take to the stage at assembly to show off what’s on offer and invite students to buy a ticket.
There are still spots left for this term – please sign up here: GHPS Sign Up Page
SIGNUP WEBSITE INFORMATION
This website has been wonderful in rostering / preparing for GPA events and we will continue to use this for all upcoming events.
How it works:
1) Click on the GHPS Sign Up Page link, or copy it into your browser to see the roster.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up by entering your name, email address and phone number.
It’s That Easy!
- You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
- SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
- You will receive an email reminder to let you know what you have volunteered for
- You can cancel out of shifts or choose other spots if your circumstances change (although please give us enough time to find a replacement).
If you need help, you can contact email@example.com
If you have any queries or suggestions please send the GPA a message: firstname.lastname@example.org