Come join the friendly and dynamic team that is the Glen Huntly Parent’s Association (GPA) – we are parents and friends of the Glen Huntly Primary School (GHPS) community.
Our goals are to fundraise for our school to improve the facilities and experiences for our children; organise fun, social events that bring our wonderful school community together; and to build strong links between our school and the wider community.
New members are always welcome!
In 2019 we will be trialling meetings alternating between the second Tuesday morning (9.00am) or Friday (after assembly) for approximately one hour. Even if you are not able to attend meetings we welcome everyone to join our mailing list and volunteer to help with any of the events/drives we coordinate.
Next GPA meeting: Friday 7 June (9.30am after assembly, Wendy Wilson Hall, East Site)
GPA organizes the following events:
- Family Fun Night (Friday 15 March 2019)
- Cake raffles (every Friday) with delicious goods baked by student families, teachers or GHPS friends
- Icy-poles with occasional popcorn alternative (Terms 1 – 4) and hot chocolates (Terms 2 & 3) available for all students to purchase (every Friday lunchtime)
- Easter Raffles (Friday 5 April 2019)
- Diwali Celebrations
- Special lunch days
- Harmony Day Sushi Lunch (Wednesday 27 March 2019)
- Book Parade Special Lunch
- Grand Final Pie Day (last day Term 3)
- Diwali Samosa Lunch
- Sausage sizzles
- Raffle hampers
- Cake stalls
- Kids Disco
- Mother’s Day Stall (Thursday 9th May) and Father’s Day stalls
- Biennial School Fete (Next Fete: Saturday 26th October 2019 2-8pm)
- Trivia Nights / Social Fun Nights
- BareFoot Bowling with DJ at McKinnon Bowls Club
Are you a super sausage sizzler? Perhaps a great baker? Or are you able to volunteer some of your time? You can sign up below to help out with any of any of our events.
ELECTION DAY BBQ & Cake Stall (Saturday 18 May 2019)
GPA will be running a BBQ and Cake Stall on the Federal Election Day with stalls running from 8am – 5pm. This is a wonderful opportunity to showcase our wonderful school and community spirit to the many voters who will be attending GHPS on this day; and the election day stalls are always great fundraisers for our school. We want to thank TheirCare for sponsoring the sausages and vegie burger ingredients for the day. We do need many volunteers to man the stalls throughout the day so please sign up to help (GHPS Sign Up Page).
GRANDPARENTS’ MORNING TEA (Friday 24 May 2019)
There is a special morning tea that will be served to Grandparents after they have an opportunity to visit the school during Education Week on Friday 24 May. Morning Tea will be served in the Wendy Wilson Hall. With over 400 students now at GHPS we are expecting to enjoy seeing a large number of grandparents attend, and we need many bakers to showcase the delicious savoury & sweet treats from our diverse cultural backgrounds at GHPS. Please sign up to bake, set up, serve & pack up for this very special event on the GHPS calendar (GHPS Sign Up Page).
FRIDAY LUNCHTIME SNACKS FOR TERM 2 2019
GPA will be selling Berri Quelch Fruit Juice Sticks & Hot Chocolates every Friday lunchtime from 3 May to 28 May (excluding 10 May which is a Curriculum Day) during Term 2 (for students in Prep to Grade 6). We do need 5 volunteers (in addition to our Lunchtime Snacks Coordinator Heidi Powell) to be able to serve up hot chocolates or we will only be able to provide the frozen fruit juice sticks!
Please sign up via GHPS Sign Up Page if you can help!
If you haven’t pre-purchased you don’t miss out—you can purchase your icy-pole on the day for $1 each!
CAKE RAFFLE FOR TERM 2 2019
GPA will be running a Cake Raffle each Friday of Term 2 from 3 May to 28 May (excluding 10 May which is a Curriculum Day).
One family signs up each week to showcase their baking skills with something sweet – such as a cake, a batch of cupcakes, biscuits or slice, etc.
Students can buy tickets for $1 each to be in with a chance to win the coveted prize.
And if it is your week to bake, your child or children get their chance to take to the stage at assembly to show off what’s on offer and invite students to buy a ticket.
There are still spots left for this term – please sign up here: GHPS Sign Up Page
2019 TWILIGHT FETE (Saturday 26th October, 2-8pm)
Plans are underway for another amazing Twilight Fete with very well attended introductory meetings held on Tuesday 12th February. Some Coordinator roles have been assigned, but there are many roles still available. If you are interested in Coordinating a stall or Activities or Food & Drinks or please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fete Coordinator: Fiona Davey
Communications Coordinator: Caitilin Hawkins
Publicity & Marketing Coordinator: Nicole Verginis
Entertainment/Events Coordinator: Shan Jayaweera
Sponsorship Coordinator: Martina Gevaux
Next Meeting Date: Tuesday 7 May 2019 (7.30pm, location details provided upon RSVP of attendance to email@example.com )
SIGNUP WEBSITE INFORMATION
This website has been wonderful in rostering / preparing for GPA events and we will continue to use this for all upcoming events.
How it works:
1) Click on the GHPS Sign Up Page link, or copy it into your browser to see the roster. The link to the open rosters will also be provided on SkoolBag app.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up by entering your name, email address and phone number.
It’s That Easy!
- You will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
- SignUp does not share your email address with anyone.
- You will receive an email reminder to let you know what you have volunteered for
- You can cancel out of shifts or choose other spots if your circumstances change (although please give us enough time to find a replacement).
If you need help, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries or suggestions please send the GPA a message: email@example.com