Friday 11 October, 9.30am – Wendy Wilson Hall after assembly (RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you want to get involved with our Fete, simply come along to our next meeting or contact email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE: SATURDAY 26 OCTOBER, 2-8PM
For the 2019 Twilight Fete – complete with rides, entertainment, stalls and Diwali celebrations.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
We still desperately need:
Remember to LIKE the Twilight Fete 2019 Facebook page – and invite your friends and families to LIKE us too!
Thanks to all our volunteers who have put their hand up to distribute the 10,000 Fete Flyers over the school holidays. Your help is much appreciated! Thanks also to all the other families who offered to help with the flyer distribution but we had to say “Thanks but no thanks” as we had such a great response to our callout that we had many more volunteers than zones. Everyone should have received a text and if you haven’t please contact the GHPS Office to check (or you can call Nicole on 0412 706 099).
We would also like to thank Carnegie Lions Club for offering to run the Popcorn stall at the fete. What’s more, they have generously offered to donate all profits to the school.
WE WANT YOUR PHOTOS
Please send in photos of GHPS students / families standing in front of one of the various boards that will be up soon advertising our 2019 Twilight Fete to firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to include some of these pictures on our Twilight Fete 2019 Facebook page. Our boards will soon be popping up outside the school on Grange Road, McDonald’s Ormond, Grange Junction Café (Glen Huntly Road), Glen Eira College (Neerim Road), Bendigo Bank Ormond (Katandra Road) and outside the Dench Family home (Royal Avenue). The School would like to thank these businesses and this school family for kindly allowing us to put up our board.
MAJOR RAFFLE and HOME & GARDEN RAFFLE
Thanks to the hard work of Martina Gevaux, Christine Short and Fiona Davey and to the businesses who have generously donated some amazing prizes, we are delighted to bring you two fantastic raffles.
2019 Twilight Fete – MAJOR RAFFLE
- 1st Prize: Voucher for SONOS Wireless Speaker System – Value $1,000 Your choice of SONOS wireless speaker system and accessories to the value of $1000. Generously donated by CTG Audio www.ctgaudio.com.au (the Giouris Family).
- 2nd Prize: Crown Metropol Accommodation Package – Value $550 One night’s accommodation in a Luxe Room at Crown Metropol, Melbourne. Package includes breakfast for two at Mr. Hive Kitchen & Bar, valet parking for one vehicle and a bottle of sparkling wine. Generously donated by Crown Melbourne.
- 3rd Prize: Australian Sports Camps Voucher – Value $295 A three-day place at an Australian Sports Camp of your choice, valued to $295. Available sports include AFL Football, Basketball, Cricket, Hockey, Netball, Soccer, Tennis, and more. Generously donated by Australian Sports Camps.
- 4th Prize: Gold Class Experience – Value$159 Two Gold Class admissions, choice of five menu items and two glasses of house wine. Generously donated by the Davey Family.
- 5th Prize: WISH Gift Card – Value $150 Valid for use at Woolworths, Big W, BWS, Cellarmasters and Dan Murphy’s. Generously donated by Woolworths, Glen Huntly.
2019 Twilight Fete – HOME & GARDEN RAFFLE (Permit No. 10597/19)
- 1st Prize: Green Thumb Garden Design Package – Value $4,700 + GST Landscape design package for a standard residential project. Designs including hardscape, softscapes and lighting. Construction not included. Generously donated by Inge Jabara Landscapes, Caulfield South.
- 2nd Prize: Hexagon Trellis Wall Art – Value $600 Ideal for building a quick and stylish vertical wall garden. Made in Melbourne from mild steel with a rust finish. Generously donated by Entanglements, Ormond.
- 3rd Prize: Reece Plumbing Centres Voucher – Value $200 Generously donated by Reece Plumbing Centre, Caulfield.
- 4th Prize: Bunnings Gift Card – Value $100 Generously donated by Bunnings, Moorabbin
- 5th Prize: Marguerite Daisy ‘Molimba Red’ – Value $30 Generously donated by Botanical Creations, Glen Huntly.
Prizes will be drawn on Saturday 26 October at 7.30PM at the Glen Huntly Primary School Fete. Winners will be notified.
Major Raffle tickets are on sale now. Home & Garden Raffle tickets will be on sale next term – please get behind our fundraising by buying tickets and selling tickets to your friends and family. We encourage you to support the businesses that support our school.
SUPPORT COMES IN DIFFERENT SHAPES AND SIZES
Although the deadline to make it onto our real estate boards and flyers has now passed, it is not too late to sponsor our fete. In fact, we are still seeking sponsors for most of our stalls.
For the amounts below you can help us cover all of our costs (including raw ingredients, supplies and prizes):
- $100 per stall – Lucky Ducks, Toilet Roll Throw, Slot Car Racing, Free Kids Activities Area, Cake Stall, Lucky Jars,
- $150 per stall – Crazy Hair, Face painting, Henna,
- $200 per stall – Silent Auction, Ticket Booth, Desserts,
- $300 per stall – ‘Flavours of India’, Indian Street Food Stall, Chai and Samosa Stall, Café, Japanese Food Stall, Kids Mega Stall, Craft, Trash ‘n’ Treasure (storage), Diwali Sand Art,
- $500 per stall – BBQ and Bar
This week – we would like to thank the numerous school families who are already sponsoring our Fete:
- Bloch Family for sponsoring our Major Raffle and Home & Garden Raffle ticket printing
- Davey Family for providing the Gold Class Experience raffle prize.
- Davis Family for providing Scienceworks and Melbourne Museum vouchers, as well contributions of water and soft drinks.
- Ellis Family for providing the slot car racing track
- Gevaux Family for their generous monetary contribution (stall to be determined)
- Gracy Family for their generous monetary contribution (stall to be determined)
- Powell Family for sponsoring the Fake Tattoo Stall
- Shields Family for sponsoring the Plant Stall
- Smith Family for sponsoring the Cafe
- Verginis Family for sponsoring remaining costs of the Souvlaki Stall
This means that all the money raised from raffle ticket sales and numerous stalls will be pure profit for the school.
If you would like to find out how to sponsor the Fete by providing a donation towards Fete costs, please speak to the Office or contact us. Every donation – big or small – makes a huge difference and we are grateful for any support that our school community can offer. Listed below are the ways the school will recognise any support offered (including donations of goods and services).
|How your support will be recognised||All contributions – any value $$||Minor Sponsor $150+ (cash)||Major Sponsor $500+ (cash)|
|On GHPS website|
|In our fortnightly GHPS Newsletters|
|In our GHPS Twilight Fete Newsletters|
|On a Certificate of Appreciation for display at your premises|
|In our acknowledgements of all donations on the GHPS Facebook Page|
|In an exclusive acknowledgement on the GHPS Facebook page|
|On “real estate” advertising boards for Twilight Fete (on board before 16 August 2019)|
|On flyers distributed in the lead up to the event (on board before 16 August 2019)|
|On the post-event advertising board|
The following exciting rides will be at our 2019 Twilight Fete this year:
• Jumping Castle (Looney Tunes)
• Zorb Ball Track
• iRush Obstacle Course (two racers)
• Minions Slide
(ends 4 pm Wed 23rd October)
|ON THE DAY|
|Single Ride Tickets
Individual ticket available for purchase from ticket booth only.
Can be used on any of the 5 rides
|All Day Ride Pass (Wristband)
Access all 5 rides all day
|$ 25||$ 35|
|Family & Friends All Day Ride Pass (Wristband)
Each school family can purchase 5 or more wristbands in the one transaction at a reduced price for their own children from GHPS, and for family and friends not attending GHPS.
NOTE: There should only be one school family to each “Family & Friends” pass.Access all 5 rides all day
|$20 per wristband
(Minimum 5 wristbands per transaction)
Important ticket and ride pass information:
• All wristbands (including presales) are to be collected from the ticket booth on Fete Day.
• Wristbands are not transferable and cannot be shared between children – children must wear the wristband at all times.
• Camel rides are not included in the wristband or single ride ticket. Camel rides tickets can be purchased separately for $8 through the camel ride operator on the day.
Don’t forget to contact:
- Shan Jayaweera on 0419 767 007 if you are interested in joining the second parents’ band
- Rohini Kulkarni on 0468 968 753 if you or your children are interested in performing in beautiful Indian dances. All performances must be in groups of 4-6 people and for no longer than 5 minutes per performance
(so soon, but just not yet…)
TRASH ‘N’ TREASURE WISH LIST
The school is not yet ready to receive donations and we are likely to have less storage space than we have had in past years. We would really appreciate it if you can:
- donate more treasure, less trash
- store your donations at home until closer to the Fete.
If you have donations set aside, bagged or boxed up securely with contents marked on the outside – but nowhere to store them or if you can donate floor space in your sheds or garages to receive neatly boxed and labelled donations – please contact us.
All donations must be in good and working order, with no missing pieces.
This year we are collecting:
- Books in respectable condition – No torn pages or covers
- Clothes: Party / Fancy / Traditional wear / dress up costumes, Scarves / Ribbons etc (No pyjamas / socks/ undergarments or other intimate items please)
- Curios / vintage / antique or decorative items in good condition
- Toys in good condition
- Small furniture like footstools etc
- Jewellery in good condition
- Glass/ Ceramic/ Porcelain/China / Metal ornaments, small utensils and crockery in good condition (No chips or cracks please!)
- Unused Stationery and craft items
If you would like to help sponsor the Trash n Treasure we are seeking contributions towards our storage costs.
Keep your plastic jars and donations rolling in.
We’ve come along way and made so many beautiful things already, but there is still so much to do!
- Metal chopsticks
- Reusable metal straws ($6 for a 10 pack from Kmart)
- Can you Macrame?
- Can you do basic machine sewing (wheat packs, scrunchies, taggie toys)
- Can you make bows for hair ties or clips?
- Do you have fantistic original image that would look great as a greeting card?
ROSTERS – HAVE YOU SIGNED UP FOR YOUR 2 HOURS YET?
We need every family to sign up to volunteer for at least 2 hours. With so many spots to choose from – including spots you can bring your children along to – everyone can get on board. Please sign up early – you can always reschedule spots if your circumstances change.
We still only have one filled roster (Lucky Jars), but in good news, 80 people have now signed up. There are a number of stalls filling fast, including the Japanese Food Stall, the Handmade Stall, the Fruit Smoothie Stall (one spot left!), the Chai and Samosa Stall and the Cake Stall (one spot left).
STALLS IN SPOTLIGHT
BBQ: The BBQ is one of the busiest and most profitable stalls at every Fete. This year we are delighted to welcome Gurpreet Pawar as coordinator for this busy stall. We need heaps of volunteers to help with cooking, serving/money handling. If you want to make a real difference and can handle the heat, please sign up here. BBQ and Soft Drinks
Flavours of India: Sign up to serve on one of one of our Indian food stalls – ‘Flavours of India’ with Tharana and Pavani – serving Vegetable Pula, Paneer Butter Masala, Papadam and Mango Lassi. Yum! Everyone is welcome to volunteer on this stall – please sign up here.
Crazy Hair Stall: This one is for the creative types or types who are not afraid of a little hairspray and a few bobby pins. We warmly welcome Dianne Mentis who has signed up as coordiantor for this fun stall. To volunteer on this stall please sign up here.
You will find all of our 2019 Twilight Fete Rosters here – or by copying this link into your browser: https://signup.com/go/vCgGcsz. Alternatively, you can click on the names of any of the individual stall, activity or other rosters in the table below and the link will take you right there.
Set-up, Pack-up, Maintenance and Clean-up
Other ways you can help
There will be more rosters coming and plenty of other ways you can help, so watch this space.
How to use SignUp
If you click on the name of the roster, the embedded link will take you to the relevant SignUp page – simply sign in using your own email address, and enter your name and mobile number. If possible, please use a separate email address to sign up other family members so that their name and contact details can also be included on our roster. Alternatively, let us know if you are signing up someone else using your email address by making a comment against the spot, letting us know the volunteer’s name and mobile number.
THANK YOU TO OUR SIGNED UP VOLUNTEERS
Thank you to everyone who has already signed up to volunteer on our 2019 Twilight Fete rosters. You will be entered into the draw to win a batch of Ultimate Fudge – to be drawn on Friday 20 September. If you have not yet signed up, we have extended the time to be fudge-worthy awesome. Sign up on any of our 2019 Twilight Fete Rosters before 10.00AM Wednesday 18 September and you will be entered in the draw to win a batch of Ultimate Fudge. The winner will be drawn on Friday 20 September.
Martina and Christine have done an amazing job soliciting donations for our Silent Auction and Raffle. All we need now is a Silent Auction Coordinator to finish the job. Please sign up here or contact us if you are able to help or if you would like to discuss this role
If you are associated with a business or know of businesses who might be interested in supporting our school with a donation of goods or services – please contact us and we will organise a sponsorship letter with more information.
Glen Huntly Primary School is grateful for the strong support received from our local community.
KIDS – DESIGN OUR FETE NEWSLETTER ARTWORK
Keep sending in 2019 Twilight Fete Newsletter artwork for use in our future Fete newsletters and notices. The artwork must be on an A4 piece of paper (feel free to fill the whole page) and refer to the 2019 Twilight Fete. Entries can be in black and white or colour. Please include your name and class. We will use as many of the best submissions as we can on our future newsletters and notices – and the artists will go in our draw to win a free ride pass!
SOME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SOME OF OUR MAJOR SPONSORS
Guest Storage combine flexible, affordable, safe and secure personal and business storage solutions along with first class customer service and support, providing our customers with the best local storage experience possible.
At Guest Storage you’ll find a broad range of storage units to choose from and a friendly team ready to help with all your storage needs. All storage units have their own inbuilt alarm and are available for you to access as often as you like 7 days a week between 6am – 8pm, in the knowledge that our site has a state of the art 24-hour CCTV security system.
To make your storage experience as simple as possible, you have free access to our trolleys, located at our two loading bays. We also offer a wide range of moving boxes and packaging material to assist you when moving your belongings.
We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service at Guest Storage. Our friendly and helpful storage experts are the secret behind our success and they ensure you not only get the most cost effective storage solution but the best service experience also.
Guest Storage is a local business focussed on supporting the local community. We see the Glen Huntly Primary School Fete as a good way for us to give back to our local community and be involved in something fun and of course local. GHPS is very close to Guest Storage and such we are very proud to be associated with the fete as a major sponsor.
If you have any questions about Guest Storage, don’t hesitate to contact us on 03 9191 3257 – we’d be very happy to help.
As one of Melbourne’s leading Horticulturalists and Landscape Architects, Inge Jabara is a creator of timeless gardens that move the heart of the home from the kitchen to the outdoors.
As a regular landscape consultant on Channel 9’s hit series, The Block, Inge leads a passionate team who share her creative vision.
That is, to design AND CONSTRUCT PREMIUM OUTDOOR SPACES FOR OUR CLIENTS THAT ENHANCE THEIR QUALITY OF LIFE, FIT THEIR STYLE AND PERSONALITY, AND ADD VALUE TO THEIR HOMES.
MOG Orthodontics are proud to be part of our local community and we are pleased to be supporting the Glen Huntly Primary School with their fete fundraiser this year.
We have a long association of community support over the past 37 years. MOG Orthodontics have been doing one thing since 1982 – Making Melbourne smile!
Our team of specialist orthodontists are able to work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your unique needs, and your first consultation is free.
Go to MOGorthodontics.com.au/free to find out more and request your smile assessment today.
WITH THANKS TO OUR MAJOR SPONSORS: