GPA Newsletter #9 – 20 June 2019
Events & Reminders
Term 2: Tuesday 23 April – Friday 28 June
Tuesday 25 June: Fete Meeting (7.30pm, Wendy Wilson Hall)
Tuesday 28 June: Last Day of School (early finish 2.30pm)
The GPA would like to thank:
- Nicole Verginis for coordinating the State School’s Winter Warmer Hot Dog Lunch and for Cassandra David, Fiona Davey, Srija Samuel, Gajalakshmi K Ramalingam and Krishnapriya for signing up to make it happen
- Heidi Powell, for coordinating our icy poles and hot chocolates service for the entire term and being there every week!
- Gajalakshmi K Ramalingam, Anjali Jain, Heera Arvind, Srija Samuel, Krishnapriya, Jillian Williams, Amanda Philpot and Yan Zhu for also volunteering to serve icy-poles and hot chocolates over the past two weeks
- Christine Short and Kate Taylor for baking for our Term 2 Cake Raffle over the last fortnight
- everyone who has signed up to as a Twilight Fete coordinator
- our SignUp users – thank you, you make the coordination of GPA events so much easier
- everyone who holds a WWCC to volunteer at our school – we cannot do it without your help
- anyone else who has pitched in to help this term and who have not signed up
Finally, we would like to thank the GPA community for continuing to support our fundraising activities this term. Read on to find out other ways you can make a difference.
Please sign up
Friday Lunchtime Snacks
(Quelch frozen fruit sticks & hot chocolates)
During the cooler months we will offer Quelch frozen fruit sticks every week, but will ONLY offer hot chocolate service if we have a full roster (ie 6 volunteers serving) by Thursday 12 noon (the day before). We cannot make hot chocolates happen on two sides of the school without a full roster. There are still vacant spots for the last two weeks of term. If you can help from 12.30/12.45pm for about an hour on Friday 21 June or Friday 28 June, please sign up here – WWCC required.
For children who have not pre-purchased for Term 2, icy-poles and hot chocolates can be purchased on the day for $1. Remember to bring your own cup and we’ll throw in a free marshmallow!
Our roster for Term 3 is now available. Please sign up here: https://signup.com/go/ucPDnkn.
Weekly Cake Raffle
Angela Natalier and Annessa/Perry will be baking us out this term – don’t forget to buy your tickets!
Our Term 3 roster is now available. Please sign up here: https://signup.com/go/yujyrBD
Find all of our GPA rosters here
The GPA use SignUp rosters to coordinate all of our fundraising events – a list of our current rosters (and links) are listed below. Simply click the relevant event link (or copy it into your browser) and sign up for the spot(s) which suit you:
- Term 2 – Cake Raffle – 2019 – https://signup.com/go/NRUYRGk
- Term 2 – Icy-pole and hot chocolates – https://signup.com/go/vBdDiON
- Term 3 – Cake Raffle – 2019 – https://signup.com/go/yujyrBD
- Term 2 – Icy-pole and hot chocolates – 2019 – https://signup.com/go/ucPDnkn
- 2019 Twilight Fete Coordinators – https://signup.com/go/mcoGvZW
- 2019 GPA Event Coordinators – https://signup.com/go/aNyByJp
Alternatively, please email email@example.com and let us know how you can help.
All of our GPA rosters can also be found on the GPA SignUps group page by following this link: https://signup.com/go/yXrBiwN
Support our fundraising
Families can support the GPA’s fundraising efforts by:
- purchasing Quelch frozen fruit sticks or hot chocolates for your child on Friday lunchtimes for $1 each
- taking home a box of Cadbury Fundraising chocolates to sell – please see Julie in the office if you can help
- purchasing tickets for $1 each in our weekly cake raffle each Friday
- purchasing an Entertainment Book
- considering 1stenergy as their energy supplier. 1st energy will donate $50 to GHPS for every school family who signs up – contact 1st Energy on 1300 426 594 and quote GHPS
All money raised directly benefits the school.
2019 Twilight Fete
We still have plenty of events and stalls that need coordinators to make them happen. Please consider signing up to become a 2019 Twilight Fete Coordinator here. If you are interested in discussing the coordinator roles, have suggestions for stalls or activities, are able to offer any special skills or would just like further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to the next meeting on 25 June 2019
Please contact email@example.com to let us know if you plan to attend our meeting.
Working With Children Check (WWCC)
Under the GHPS Volunteer Policy, all volunteers during school hours will need to hold a WWCC (Volunteer Check). This means that you will need to hold a WWCC (or have submitted your application) to volunteer on the icypole stall, or to help with readers, in class rooms, and at many more events held throughout the year.
It is simple, quick and free to apply for a WWCC online and to finalise your application at participating Australia Post Outlets. To secure your WWCC, please follow this link and get cracking: www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au