The Information Technology Centre provides opportunities for all classes to expand their skills and develop communication tools for showcasing their work. The Prep children begin the year with a computer buddy to enable them to gain confidence when learning and navigating the technology.
Interactive Whiteboards are currently in use across the school.
Interactive Whiteboards can be used to
- Write over the top of programs to highlight and annotate points
- View and naviagate the Internet from the Whiteboard. Surf and display websites which the entire room will be able to see.
- Students/audience members can approach the whiteboard and add their contribution to the discussion by writing directly on the whiteboard.
- Present ideas to large audiences.
- Display movie files or DVD’s from the PC
- Work on Word processing documents, spreadsheets, design projectors with peers.